Monday, January 6, 2014

Tony's Story #3

As I continue to read this novel I must say it has kept me quite interested and I even find it hard to put down at certain times. This novel has taught me to appreciate reading like I have never thought before. I would have never imagined that i would be so into a book that i am reading leisurely. But anyhow, as the story continues to progress i find myself identifying more and more with the character Tony. It turns out that he has had ties to a notorious Philadelphia gang from his "Pop" and i am assuming that more members of his family have ties to this. It seems that although Tony is surrounded by violence, drug dealing, and other criminal behavior, his mind stays focused on important things such as school and his career. This has led me to admire his character because although he was naturally born into this street lifestyle, he is still aiming to be successful in a manor that doesn't involve illegal activity. It has also been made clear that his best friend, Ty, is more of a bad influence on him then vice versa. The two seem to find themselves in the most mischief on their walks home from school. As the two were walking home after a day of school Ty decides to steal a bike he sees which ultimately leeds into a brawl where Tony gets injured. As Ty seems exhilarated and proud after the incident, Tony seems annoyed. It is clear that Tony is starting to get sick of the non sense he constantly finds himself in with Ty and is starting to realize that this friend of his may be standing in the way of his future success and life away from trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment