Monday, January 6, 2014

Tony story #$

As the novel concludes, Ty ends up killed in a shooting involving a rival gang known as the "black disciples." Tony had not been with him the last few days because of his constant urge to get in conflicts with this rival gang that ultimately took his life. Although the ending was sad and touching, i must say it was rather predictable that Ty would end up dead or in jail from his endeavors and heists. At the end of the novel we learn that Tony aspires to become a music artist and that he would one day make a song in memory of Ty so that everyone would hear his story. A positive statement i can make about this ending is that it taught me a valuable lesson. I have learned from this novel that success never comes from the circumstances or privileges one is born into, but rather the the pure drive and will power of that individual. No matter what odds or disadvantages are against you, there will always be that chance to overcome adversity and succeed. Reading this novel has taught me that some of the best lessons learned only come from novels themselves. With that point, I can honestly say that this novel has given me a more open-minded, optimistic, perspective as i start new novels. Overall, I can say this novel, Tony's story, has taught me a good lesson about success and which will help me appreciate the things we can take from reading leisurely.

No comments:

Post a Comment